306 Lordship Lane, London, SE22 8LY
Telephone: 020 8693 4704
Sorry, we're closed
Online GP Records – Now deferred until 1 Dec 2022 What you thought of your practice, 306 Medical Centre! GP National Survey Results – July 2022 Flu Vaccinations : Don’t Take the Risk this Season 2022! Checklist Before Travel – Help Us To Help You by Planning Ahead It’s not our job……..but it’s our job to show empathy *Personal information sharing with NHS Digital* for its General Practice Data for Planning and Research ‘If I Die It Will Be Your Fault’ – Campaign To End Abuse From Patients! An open letter to patients explaining how demand for services has doubled in recent months – An interesting read, penned by a Derbyshire GP practice Covid pressures maybe easing but demand on GP services intensifying The NHS is very busy, so please use your services appropriately during these unprecedented Covid times. 999 and A&E should only be for emergencies
1. Telephone the doctor who will visit to confirm that death has taken place.
2. Contact a funeral director.
3. Arrange to collect the doctor’s Medical Certificate of Death (usually from the surgery).
4. Take this to the Registrars Office, (together with the deceased’s Medical Card and Birth Certificate, if available) for the area in which the death took place. Alternatively you can register by declaration at any convenient Registrars Office but certificates will not be available as these will have to be posted to you a few days later.
5. The Registrar will normally issue a Green coloured certificate for you to give to your funeral director who will look after necessary arrangements for the funeral. The Registrar will also issue a white notification certificate for the DSS. They will also enquire as to the number of Certified Copies you require for dealing with the deceased finances (a fee is payable for each copy).
1. Contact a funeral director to inform him his services are required.
2. Collect the certificate from the hospital then follow 4 – 5 as above
Your funeral director will usually liaise directly with the surgery regarding the additional certification required.